Office Fit-out Checklist
Whether you are moving office and having a brand new office fit-out or refurbishing your existing office, this Office Fit-out Checklist will ensure everything runs smoothly.
Deciding on the new designs for your office fit-out is one of the most exciting tasks to undertake during a corporate relocation. Whether you are having new environmental systems fitted such as air conditioning or lighting or whether you want to convey your company image with a new look – there are so many possibilities when it comes to making the most of your new offices.
Generally speaking, your office fit-out contractor will take care of the entire office fit-out process; from workplace appraisals to help you decide how much office space you really need, to building services including the installation of air conditioning, lighting and power requirements, right through to helping you choose the right office furniture to suit your company's working practices.
There are a number of factors which you will need to consider and discuss with Senior Management before the office move and ensuing renovations commence. These include:
- What additional benefits and features would you like to have included in your new office?
- What is your office fit-out budget?
- What are your obligations and responsibilities - both in the new office and your existing one, any changes to your office space will require the Landlord's permission.
- Have you thought about your future office space requirements and whether the office fit-out can be easily configured for how your business could be in 5-10 yrs time?
- How much storage space do you need?
- What office furniture can you re-use, recycle and what do you need to buy new?
- Is cabling already in situ and are there enough power points to meet your PC and phone requirements?
- Have you addressed all health & safety issues while the fit-out project is going on?
You will need to arrange for several site visits with your chosen Office Fit-out partner before work commences and allow time to amend any plans or proposals.
In terms of the kind of work you’d like carried out, your Office fit-out Company will be able to walk you through your options with regards to office layout, data cabling installations, fixtures and fittings, floorings and ceilings and environment systems. But once the hard work is over you can look forward to enjoying your purpose-built work environment and settling into your new workplace.
For a more detailed look at how to design and deliver your new office space, request a copy of our Free Tenant's Guide to Office Design.