Office Move Schedule
View a typical schedule for an office move & find out what key tasks need to be completed in the run up to your office move.
Typical Office Move Schedule
Office Move Preparation
- Decide on target move-out date
- Define reasons and/or motivation behind the office move
- Determine a realistic office move budget to track moving expenses
- Appoint an Office Move Leader; someone with excellent communication and organisation skills
Office Move Planning
- Announce the office move to staff
- Instruct a local Property Agent to help you find the most ideal office space to rent
- Get at least 3 Office Removals Quotes and select the right company who is equipped and staffed to meet your relocation needs
New Office Set Up
- Decide on the best office space layout and design that is functional, raises productivity levels and showcases your company brand.
- Plan the IT infrastructure and network cabling using the IT Relocation Checklist
- Order phone lines for new location
- Notify utility companies and arrange for services to be transferred to the new office
Corporate Considerations & Tasks
- Announce office move to clients with this Change of Address Letter Template
- Conduct moving day meeting with staff before packing commences so everyone knows the schedule
- Order new stationery and letterhead with new contact details on
- Send out press release to local newspapers and trade magazines
- Distribute new key fobs to staff and maps showing new location
These are just some of the tasks that need to be included in your Office Move Schedule. To view the full list, download the FREE Moving Office Timeline. It tells you what tasks need to be completed by which date so your office move will always stay on track.