Organising your Office Removals
Find out how to plan and organise a seamless office removals so that this key stage of your office move goes like clockwork.
How to Plan, Organise and Execute a Seamless Office Removals
The key objective when carrying out an office removals project is to minimise the disruption to staff and ensure that business can continue operating effectively throughout the process.
Poorly planned office removals result in valuable business time (and revenue) being lost. This can be avoided by working with a professional Office Removals Company who will execute your office move with minimum disruption to your business and ensure you are fully operational in the new office as quickly as possible.
There's a lot to think about when organising your office removals; you have to make sure nothing gets left behind and reaches the new office on time (and in one piece!); not to mention trying to eliminate delays so that business can continue to operate as usual. Thankfully, with careful planning and working with the right Office Removals Company, both stress and downtime can be minimised.
Office Removals Quotes
Try to get removals quotes from 3 office removals companies in your area. These removal companies should be experienced in office removals, and therefore used to handling office equipment, furniture and also be mindful of the importance of getting everything re-assembled in the right place, tested and working as it should quickly and efficiently.
Getting removals quotes will involve meeting and briefing office removals companies at your office (with preferably a visit to the new office) so you can explain your office relocation objectives in detail, and allow them to provide you with a comprehensive office removals quote to carry out your office move. The removals quotes should include the following: -
- Packing and unpacking all office furniture, equipment and belongings
- Provision and delivery of crates, wrapping and labels for employee’s personal desk items
- An Office Relocation Inventory of all office items
- Comprehensive Insurance
Before making a decision of which office removals firm to carry out your office move, ask for their credentials and references. This takes much of uncertainty surrounding service expectations and ensures you choose a company you feel instinctively comfortable with.
Planning your Office Removals
Once you have chosen which office removals company to carry out your office move, there will be some organisation required on your part to ensure the office removals process goes smoothly: -
- Try to plan your office removals so it doesn’t eat into valuable business time. Many office removers will be available on weekends to accommodate your business needs. It also means your staff can leave the office prepared for the move on a Friday and return to a work-ready office on the Monday morning
- Ask your Office fit-out company for a detailed layout of your new office to enable the Office Removals firm to set up everything in its right place in your new office
- Arrange parking arrangements/permits at both locations for your office removals vans
- Co-ordinate security and access at the new office
- Ask staff to pack their own desk items into crates supplied by the office removals company. Make sure everything is correctly labelled so it ends up at the right desk in the new office
Office Removals – don’t forget your staff!
Let your staff know the office removals schedule as soon as possible so they can arrange their work activities around the office move. This will help reduce business disruption and they’ll also help to inform clients and suppliers of possible delays that may occur surrounding the office move.
On the day of the relocation, tell your staff what you expect them to do and where they need to be. Keeping communication lines open throughout the office removals process will help maintain momentum and create excitement for everyone involved in the office relocation.
Office Removals Checklist
Use the Office Removals Checklist to identify the essential office removals tasks that need to be carried out to assist your Office Removals Company in carrying out a seamless office move. It's an invaluable framework that will help you manage this important aspect of your office relocation.
Moving Office Timetable
The interactive Moving Office Timetable will keep your office relocation on track and ensures everything gets done in its proper time.
Identify the tasks needed for your office move & know when to do them.
Got a Question? Ask an Expert
IT Relocation Checklist
The IT Relocation Checklist will help you manage your IT Relocation safely & without disruption to services.
Use it to plan the seamless transfer of your IT systems & business phones to the new office.