Estimate Office Space Square Footage
Use this Office Space Calculator to estimate the amount of square footage you will need when you move office.
Estimating Office Space Requirements
When it comes to choosing the right office space for your business, one of the important things you need to get right is estimating the right amount of office space you will need. It's one of the first things your Property Agent is likely to ask you when briefing them on your office relocation plans - and it's not such a complex thing to work out yourself.
The Help Moving Office Space Calculator works it all out for you. Simply input the number of employees moving, along with number of meeting rooms required and other office facilities and it will give you an estimated office space size in square foot based on best practice and industry standards.
You will need approximately 250 square feet per employee, but this can vary depending on your industry type and working processes. Ask your Office Fit Out Company for a more accurate estimation of your office space requirements.
Having the right amount of office space is vital for the continuing success of your business. Too little and you'll outgrow your office space too quickly, too much can be budget breakers. Consider these questions when estimating your office space requirements:
- How many employees are there?
- Does each employee need their own workstation, or can they share?
- What are the future plans for the business (to grow, consolidate, contract?)
- How many meeting rooms do we need at any one time? Can break out areas be used for some meetings?
- What office facilities are important in order for the business to operate successfully?
Download the FREE Office Space Calculator to get a clear estimation of your office space requirements per square foot.