10 Reasons To Relocate Your Business
Are you thinking about relocating your company? Below are 10 reasons why most businesses chose to move to reinforce and reinsure your decision.
- Does your existing office offer you the space that your business needs? If your current office space does not offer the space to fit your business growth and expansion plans, then it’s time to relocate.
- With the cost of rent, service charges and business rates rising in this current economy, business are looking to reduce their expenditure. This may be time for your business to reduce their operating costs and look for a new and more affordable work space.
- The location of your business is an important factor for any company. Your clients, business partners and workforce are a contributing factor when finding the right location. Targeting new market areas and creating new business connections may mean moving onto greener pastures.
- Your current office space may not have all the facilities your business requires. Contributing factors such as the quality of your current premises, your IT infrastructure and car parking may mean that it’s time to relocate elsewhere. Work out what business facilities you need to have when searching for the right new office space with the Office Space Checklist.
- Many businesses need to move because they need to consolidate to smaller premises or find cheaper/more affordable business accommodation. To find out how much space your company requires use the Office Space Calculator.
- Sometimes a business will need to be in close proximity their suppliers for maintain the running of their business operations. This can reduce transportation rates and better communication between both parties.
- Being close to competitors is a high priority for some businesses. Often there is a "hub" for certain business types where industry networking events often take place, so it can advantageous for a business to relocate closer to that cluster.
- Landlords are likely to be more flexible during hard economic times, and if your office lease ties you down too much, or limits your business and financial aspirations, it could be time to find a new landlord to negotiate more favourable office lease terms.
- The workforce is the heart of any business. With this in mind a company will need to be in right location to attract the right calibre of staff.
- Moving office can reinvigorate employees and improve business performance and operations.
Use the Moving Office Checklist to help you organise a successful office relocation.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article