Area Sq's 10 steps to a sustainable office design
Sustainability is the buzz word in office design. It’s not simply about making eco-friendly choices that benefit the planet, it is also about saving energy by using ingenious technology systems that will save your business money in the long run. So when planning your office move, make the most of natural resources such as sunlight and air. This will not only cut energy costs but also creates a productive and comfortable workspace that employees will love.
Area Sq is a leading light for creative office interiors and they have shared their ten steps to creating a sustainable office space through design and fit-out:
- Follow environmental best practice when planning your new office and use the space, light and natural resources available.
- Make the most of energy efficient technology from sub-metering electricity and water to zonal systems for air conditioning.
- Ensure your office fit-out sits right with UK Government and corporate legislation concerning green fit out, energy performance, carbon reduction and environmental management.
- Get your staff involved; ask them what they want from their green office transformation and encourage them to participate in recycling schemes.
- Staff are less likely to be absent from work when offered a comfortable office space with plenty of ventilation and natural sunlight – yet more reasons to go green.
- Source the best in sustainable materials from recycled resources to reduced chemical content products.
- The Enhanced Capital Allowances scheme is there to help businesses cut carbon emissions, so check whether your office is eligible to benefit from tax relief.
- Consider the BREEAM certification (Buildings Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) which can help quantify and reward your sustainable fit-out.
- Draw up an effective waste management plan to handle your recycling scheme and reduce energy and water waste.
- Last but not least, select a local commercial interiors contractor with the right credentials.
To find out how Area Sq can help you with your sustainable office fit-out or for free moving office resources, follow the link.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article