Company Relocation: Reviewing & Engaging Suppliers
Selecting the right suppliers for your company relocation is undoubtedly one of the most challenging and time-consuming tasks an organisation faces during this busy time. Many companies don’t give enough thought to the process and underestimate the time it takes between finding, evaluating and selecting suppliers that will meet your needs. This article will help you better understand your relocation requirements and put in place a process that enables you to evaluate suppliers effectively.
It is essential to have a clear understanding of all your relocation requirements to avoid any disruption to business. Before you interview any suppliers, make sure you understand the basic requirements of your move, including:
- Move date
- New office location
- New office infrastructure requirements
- Relocation budget & new leasing requirements
- Existing office dilapidations
- Business-critical deadlines (new phone lines, important business activity that needs to be scheduled around the move, lease expiry date)
Once you have a clear understanding of these deliverables, you can start to think about which supplier(s) will be best placed to meet your needs.
Find Office Relocation Suppliers
Seek proffesional help, after all they will have helped companies move office a lot more times than you have moved office and therefore they are very good at relocating businesses. They are there for a reason and take advantage of their help. It will only do good for your compnay in making the whole process smoother.
You will need to go through an evaluation process for each supplier. This is best achieved by meeting with each of them in person and scoring them according to general operations, quality systems, qualifications and capabilities. We recommend creating your own checklist that you can use to score each supplier accordingly.
Make a decision
Select the supplier you think will be best placed to handle your move. Maintain perspective regarding your requirements, it’s easy to be sidelined by cost over the one who is best placed to deliver.
Poor choices in supplier selection can often be attributed to poor communication. If expectations are not met, it’s usually because they haven’t been defined at all. The clearer you are about your requirements, the clearer your supplies will be, and the greater chance they have in delivering the services you need.
Office Relocation Suppliers
There are a number of office relocation suppliers you need on board your team in order to ensure a smooth relocation. They include:
- A commercial property agent to find the right office and negotiate the best lease terms on your behalf
- A property solicitor to review the legalities of the office lease
- An office fit-out company to help create the right environment and space plan to make your office ‘work’ for you
- An office removals company to carry out the physical aspect of the move and get your belongings safely and efficiently to the new office
- An IT Relocation Company to handle your business-critical equipment and minimise any operations disruption as far as possible
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
The London Office Market is moving to the benefit of Tenants moving officeRead Article
Find out some of the key considerations for a successful office move.Read Article
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article