How To Achieve A Stress-Free Office Move
Taking the Stress Out Of Office Relocations
An office relocation is undoubtedly one of the most stressful events in a business calendar. The preparation, planning and financial factors of moving an office may make your relocation seem like a stressful and worrying task.
But do not despair, there are ways to take control of your office move and lower those stress levels.
Here are some handy tips to ensure your office move does not get the better of you:
- Planning is the essential first stage of any office move. Take the pressure off your shoulders and plan every element of your move as soon as you decide to relocate your offices. Be as prepared as possible by considering your new office layout and planning the installation of your IT equipment. For assistance with planning your office move refer to the Office Relocation Project Plan.
- Make sure your business is prepared for any moving eventuality, as things do not always go according to plan when relocating an office. Map out the worst case scenarios and have an action in place to remedy each situation. Issues may include problems your IT equipment, so have a procedure in place to deal with any IT Relocation issues.
- Take the opportunity to upgrade both your current business equipment and image. Whether you need new office furniture or IT equipment then moving office is a perfect time to improve your business profile and enhance your company productivity. This will stop you worrying about upgrading or reusing any old and tired equipment.
- Be aware that during the physical office move your business may have to be closed for a few days (unless you can book an Office Removals Company to do the move at the weekend). If you can't and the office move has to happen during a working week day then create a plan of action to accommodate this. Notify your clients way in advance by email or what method suits your business best. Do not leave this until the last minute at the detriment of your business and your stress levels.
- Speak to the professionals! If you have any doubts about moving your office furniture, migrating IT systems, purchsing new business phone systems or office design - then call in the experts. Do not be tempted to do any of these aspects of your office move yourself or you could increase your stress levels three-fold (not to mention the potential to cause more disruption to your business)!
For more helpful tips on how to decrease the worry factor of your office relocation refer to the Golden Rules of Moving Office.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
Unsure whether to move to a Serviced Office or a Traditional Office? Find out the pros and cons of both to help your business make the right decision and end up in the right type of office.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article
Plan your entire office move with this easy-to-follow step by step guide.Read Article