How to Find Your New Office Space
Guide to Finding Office Space
When your company needs to move office the job of finding the right Office Space can often prove harder than many companies think.
When hunting for a new office for your company it is important that you pay careful attention to your business requirements. Your new offices should reflect your business image and character, so make sure you have a clear understanding of what you are looking for.
Here are some useful steps to help you choose and secure the right office space for your business:
1. When deciding to relocate offices your first step is to define how much office space you require. Refer to the Office Space Calculator to give you the right measurements for your new office space. Do not forget to consider your social areas, meeting rooms and individual offices.
2. Before you get excited about a shiny new office do not forget to work out your financials. Tailor your office search around what you can afford. Think about ground rent and service charges when working out your budget. By using the Moving Office Budget Template you can determine your new office budget.
3. The location of your new offices will play a key part in its success, so map out your location carefully. Consider the proximity to your clients, staff, competitors and local amenities.
4. Get in contact with the experts and find a property agent to aid you in your commercial property search. Give them a clear outline of your office and business requirements. Refer to our Commercial Property Agent listings to help you find the best agents in your area.
5. Work out how long you will need your new office space. Most office leases run between 5 -10 years, so make sure you are certain about the length of commitment you want give to your new office space.
6. Do your research and make sure you are getting the best rate for your new property. Consider asking your Property Agent about costings of similar lease agreements as a comparison. This way you can figure out whether you are getting a good deal.
7. Once you have decided on your front running properties get in contact with an Office Fit-Out Company to give you an idea of how to effectively plan and use the office space. Also take this opportunity to ask how much each layout will cost for the different offices.
8. Finally, do not forget to get legal advice on the property you have chosen. Ask your property solicitor to inspect every detail of your lease agreement to make sure that your business and new office are legally protected.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
Unsure whether to move to a Serviced Office or a Traditional Office? Find out the pros and cons of both to help your business make the right decision and end up in the right type of office.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article
Plan your entire office move with this easy-to-follow step by step guide.Read Article