How to Reduce Office Waste when you Move Office
Almost every business accumulates waste; whether it be redundant IT equipment, office furniture or large quantities of paper and the way you choose to recycle and reduce this office waste can have a high impact on the environment – as well as on the efficiency of the new space. Check out these tips to help you reduce the amount of waste you produce and ensure you recycle it in an environmentally responsible way.
- Recycle your e-waste: any broken or redundant computers, printers or other technical equipment needs to be disposed of responsibly and need to meet the WEEE legislation.
- Buy high-quality IT equipment: make sure when purchasing any new IT equipment that it will last and is fully scalable with the needs of your business. This will avoid you having to replace it new equipment and contributing to manufacturing waste.
- Electricity: Small changes to the way you use electricity, such as air conditioning, lighting and heating can have a huge difference in your energy consumption. Ask your Office Fit-Out Company about energy-saving lighting and comfort cooling to ensure you only spend as much as you really need to and create an after hours thermostat setting to conserve more energy when people won’t be occupying the building.
- Natural Lighting: take advantage of any natural light you have in the new space and position desks close to windows so that staff can work as productively as possible.
- Office Furniture: Clear all office furniture that you do not plan to take with you to the new premises. If you are buying new office furniture and your existing furniture is still in good condition, consider selling it second hand or passing it on to a charity.
- Print and Use Paper Wisely: There are many ways to reduce the amount of paper you use such as printing on double-sided paper, printing in black and white draft mode to conserve more ink, and add a disclaimer at the footer of emails to only print off the email if necessary.
- Recycling stations: Set up separate recycling stations for plastic and paper waste so it’s easier to recycle your waste at the end of each day.
Reducing your office waste will not only help the environment, it will also help you operate more efficiently in the new office and use all the space you have available to its maximum potential without cluttering it up too much with waste you don’t even need. Use this Office Clearance Guide to help you dispose of your waste responsibly and declutter your office before you move.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
Unsure whether to move to a Serviced Office or a Traditional Office? Find out the pros and cons of both to help your business make the right decision and end up in the right type of office.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article
Plan your entire office move with this easy-to-follow step by step guide.Read Article