How To Review Your IT Equipment And Services Before You Move Office
Considerations for an IT and Telecoms Relocation
Use your office relocation as a great opportunity to update your business. This may include a newly decorated and designed office space for that new and fresh company image or it could mean a complete IT equipment and systems overhaul to enhance your company’s communication. A data system overhaul will save your business time and money whilst making sure you are connected with your customers and clients. Furthermore new IT systems and equipment can increase your employee’s productivity and efficiency.
An IT and Telecoms Expert will help to assess your current operating systems and give you specialist advice on upgrading your current equipment and systems. Consider reviewing the following points with your IT and Telecoms Expert to make sure your IT systems and equipment meet the requirements of your office relocation:
- Review your phone systems to see if they can cope with your office move and business growth. Consider whether you will need to upgrade your current package.
- Does your new office have sufficient cabling for your IT requirements?
- Is your company reliant on a strong internet connection? Does your current internet speed meet the requirements of your business? Will your new office have a wireless internet connection?
- Save your business money and investigate a teleworking solution for your remote working solutions.
- What is the current cost of your phone lines and rental? Shop around to see if you can get a more competitive price.
- Research how you can transfer your existing telephone numbers to your new office or investigate a new non-geographic number. A non-geographic number will allow you to route and transfer calls to land lines and mobiles.
- Discuss the most effective way to back up all of your business data.
- Work out a test plan to troubleshoot your IT equipment, phones and network before work commences on the first day in your new offices.
For a helping hand with your IT relocation make sure you refer to the IT and Telecoms Checklist to ensure you have everything in hand for your office move.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article