Important Office Relocation Requirements To Review With Your Property Agent
Briefing Your Property Agent
When searching for a new commercial property you will need to employ the help and expertise of a Property Agent. Their role is to represent your best interested when searching for the ideal new office space for your business at the best price.
Once you have found the most suitable Property Agent for your office search you will need to brief them on your business space requirements. As well as giving your property agent a detail list of company requirements you will also need them to negotiate costs on your behalf.
It is essential to meet with your Property Agent face to face to give them a personal understanding of how your business operates and what your business will require from your new office space.
Here is some information you will need to prepare for your meeting with your considered or chosen Commercial Property Agent:
- Work out how much rent your business wants to pay for your new company premises.
- How much office space do you require? To work this out you can use the Office Space Calculator.
- Location- Location – Location! Where does your business need to be situated? If this is an important factor for your relocation, suggest areas and locations for your new offices.
- What office facilities does your business require - consider issues such as building security, floor level, kitchen facilities and car parking.
- Office Building Style and Class of office space - are you looking for brand new (grade A offices, or second hand that you can fit-out to your liking?
- What is your relocation timeframe? Work out when you need to relocate by.
- Consider your Office Lease i.e. the length of your new lease, specific terms and conditions.
Your Property Agent is there to protect your businesses best interests. They apply the information to their research when shortlisting potential commercial properties for your company. Try using the Office Space Checklist to assist you with assessing and reviewing potential office space.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article