IT Checklist for New Office
IT Relocation Checklist to get your new office "IT Ready"
Managing an office move will require you to coordinate the relocation of your IT systems to the new office. If your company has an IT department, they will need to be called upon to help facilitate the IT relocation and co-ordinate the set up of the new office for your IT equipment.
If your company is relocating a large number of PCs, or you have your own dedicated server, your company should hire an IT Relocation Company to co-ordinate the IT Relocation on your behalf.
Many businesses cannot afford to have any IT downtime during a relocation; PCs and phone systems needs to be established quickly in the new office so that business can resume again when staff arrive. In order for this to happen, new network configurations and IT infrastructure needs to be set up in advance of your move date.
Use this IT Checklist to help get your new office "IT Ready":
- Make an inventory of all IT equipment that needs to be relocated.
- Decide on any items you wish to purchase new - remember an office move is a good opportunity to implement new equipment and upgrade to the latest technology.
- Take a tour of the new office to establish what cables, if any, are already installed and you what you will need to install yourself.
- Create a detailed plan for new network connectivity - including voice and data according to your new office space plan and where workstations are going to be located.
- Decide on optimum location for printers, faxes and photocopiers and ensure that your IT Test Plan includes testing the connection of these from individual PCs.
- Consider moving your data to the Cloud prior to the relocation as a secure backup and to ensure business continuity in the event of an IT failure.
Managing a successful transition to the new office requires detailed and advanced planning. Use the IT Relocation Checklist to help plan and project manage your IT Relocation from start to finish and safeguard your business against any possible IT failure.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article