Minimising Disruption during Office Removals
Moving office can be a costly and disruptive exercise for your business. You have to organise your move in such a way that it does not impact your business services or IT systems. This can be especially tricky if you are moving mid-week or during business hours, but there are certain steps you can take when organising your office removals that will ensure a seamless transition to the new office without your staff or business suffering any disruption.
- Get at least 3 office removals quotes and meet with each company at your office. Discuss mutually convenient moving dates and see if they are available over a weekend to move your business so that disruption can be minimised.
- Check whether your Office Removals Company can move your IT systems on your behalf. If you have more than 20 PCs or complex IT equipment, it is advisable to instruct an IT & Telecoms Company to handle this part of your move on your behalf.
- Get a free copy of the Office Removals Checklist to make sure you and your staff are fully prepared for the move day.
Before the Move
- Discuss the new floor plan with your Office Removals Company so that items can be unloaded and unpacked in their correct location, and according to business priority.
- Staff need to be fully informed about the plan for move day, and the run up to it so that they can re-arrange their meetings and plan their workload accordingly.
- Have a backup plan. Planning for every contingency is well worth it when moving office. What happens if there is a delay to your move, or your IT systems fail when you get to the new office?
- Discuss any access and parking issues with your Office Removals Company so that these can be overcome before the move day.
During the Move
- Supervise both locations in case your office removals company have any queries - but otherwise allow them to do what they do best, and don't get in their way!
- Remember, the health and safety of both your employees and the removals company is paramount. Do not expect your staff to lift heavy objects, remember trip hazards and ensure electrical wiring is well organised.
- Ensure you have a working internet connection at the new office so there is no disruption and business can resume quickly back to full operation.
Download the FREE Office Removals Checklist to ensure you have done all you can to minimise disruption during the move.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article