Moving office? Don’t forget IT.
IT Relocation Issues
In today’s business world companies are completely reliant on technology – with the Internet and Phones at the heart of everything we do. No business can afford costly downtime as a result of no connectivity. This issue becomes greatly magnified for companies who are going through the transition of an office move.
Achieving a smooth migration of your IT Infrastructure during an office move can be one of the most challenging aspects of any office relocation. It requires close attention and attention to detail. Read on to find out more about the issues you need to be alive to.
- Have you conducted a thorough audit of all IT equipment that needs to be moved?
- Will there be a requirement for any new hardware or software?
- Will new equipment be ordered in enough time to take safe delivery prior to the office move?
- Have you got a plan for where all data and power sockets need to be positioned in your new office?
- What cabling is required – and how/where does it need to be configured?
- What connectivity already exists at the new office? Is it adequate for your intended use?
- Do you have the details of all SLA’s with existing suppliers? Any impact on the office move?
- Where is your Business Continuity Plan in case of any unforeseen delays or issues?
- Have you got sufficient in-house expertise or will you require external specialists to help with your IT relocation?
- Have you set aside enough time to test all equipment in the new office prior to the move in date?
- Have you considered Cloud Technology?
- Do you have a Disaster Recovery Plan?
- Are you using the HelpMovingoffice IT Relocation Checklist?
- Are you planning on taking your existing phone numbers with you?
- Do you know the lead times involved with setting up phone lines in your new office?
- What is it that you want out of your new office systems?
- Will your staff require remote access – either now or in the future?
- Is your current business phone system the right one for your new office – or should you be considering moving to a cheaper, more appropriate and scalable solution?
- Have you considered moving to a VOIP solution?
If your company is moving office make sure you download the IT Relocation Checklist.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article