Moving your Business Phone System to a new office
If your company is moving office, you will need to ensure the safe, secure and timely transfer of your company’s business phone systems. You’ll need to perform a telecoms audit in your new office to ensure you have enough phone lines and that they’re in the right place. And once you get to the new location, your phones will need to be connected properly so that business can continue as usual.
Here’s a list of things you will need to consider in order to successfully transfer your business phone systems to the new office:
- Use an IT & Telecoms Company who can advise on moving your business phone systems and liaise directly with your Telecoms Provider to ensure the number and line transfer is seamless.
- Plan your Business Phone System transfer well in advance. New phone lines can take up to 6 weeks to be installed so you don’t want to be caught out!
- You may need a new telephone number depending on which location you are moving to and the type of line you have. Check with your IT & Telecoms Company to see if it’s possible to retain your existing phone number when you move office.
- You may need a phone re-direction service if you are changing phone numbers. Be sure to check the cost of this service as you usually have to pay an additional line rental fee and divert cost.
- Is the cabling infrastructure in the new office suitable to network all your business phone systems together?
- Are the phone lines in the right place in the new office and do they configure with your office space plan? More often than not they won’t be - so you’ll need help getting the phone points moved to the right place.
- Are there extra phone points in the new office to allow for expansion?
- If you are relocating your existing business phone system will it need reprogramming to meet the new requirements?
With so much to do, in so little time, get a helping hand from an expert IT & Telecoms Company – using one can actually save you money because they can review your telecoms package to ensure you are on the best deal possible.
To make sure you plan your telecom relocation properly, use the IT & Telecoms Checklist. It gives you approximate lead times for ordering your new phone lines and ISDN lines so you never miss a deadline!
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article