Office Clearance & Packing Tips
Undertaking an office clearance can be a bit of a mission. But by getting everyone involved and being ruthless in what items you choose to get rid of will make your (and your Office Removals Companys') life so much easier when it comes to packing up your office.
These Office Clearance and Packing Tips should help to ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible in the run up to your office move and will enables you to take only those items that are essential in making a fresh start in your brand new workplace.
Office Clearance Planning
- Work out how long it's going to take you to go through every area and room within your office
- Assign area of your office for donation, recycling and archiving
- Get a "hand-on" team involved from within your organisation - preferably a representative from each department
- Decide on a suitable charity to donate your unwanted office items to
Decide what to keep and what to Junk
- When deciding what to keep and what to donate, think about your new office design and any changes to your working practices that you are going to adopt in the new office.
- Your new office space plan may not allow for the same amount of storage space, so be ruthless about what files you can archive off-site.
- A simple colour-coding approach may help you to identify what items are going where, and will also help your Office Removals Company quickly identify those items that are being transferred in order to provide you with an accurate Office Removals Quotation.
Arrange for items to be collected
- Once you've decided what items are being donated or recycled (and that's the hard part over!) arrange for the appointed charity to collect them.
- You may even need a skip hire for large amounts of unwanted waste.
- When it comes to your IT waste and equipment - don't forget there are regulations governing how these items should be recycled. Ask your IT & Telecoms Company to advise you on this.
Office Packing Tips
- Now you can see the wood through the trees, you can then start to think about packing.
- Your Office Removals Company is mainly responsible for this, but you will need to use the Office Removals Checklist to help co-ordinate this important phase of your office relocation.
- All items will need to colour-coded according to their place in the new office so they can be quickly be identified and unpacked in their correct location.
- This should be done in advance of your office move day.
Remember that the more organised you are in the run up to your office move day, the easier the job will be for your Office Removals Team and the less disruption and delay is likely to occur.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article