Office Packing Instructions
Office Packing Instructions for Staff
Planning and preparation are the keys to organising a smooth transition to the new office, and staff can make all the difference by packing away their own belongings. Distribute these Office Packing Instructions to all your staff in advance of the move so they know what is expected of them when packing up their own desk items.
- Staff will be required to pack all their personal desk and drawer items (exluding any IT equipment or business phones).
- Each department will be responsible for reviewing their files and deciding what can be recycled and what can be archived. Only regularly accessed files are to be transferred to the new office.
- All IT equipment will need to be properly switched off on the last working day, so the Office Removals Company can dismantle it and pack it safely.
- Each department and staff member will be given labels that have been colour-coded according to their new location in the new office. Please add your name to your personal desk item crate(s).
- Filing Cabinets - it may be convenient to leave the contents of filing cabinets in during the move, but most of the time this is a bad idea. Upright filing cabinets can be left full but need to be secured with tape.
- Lateral filing cabinets should always be emptied because they are too heavy and moving them can make them twist and damage during transit.
- Staff will be provided with bubble wrap supplied by the Office Removal Company. Please do not use your own bubble wrap or packaging as it will not be covered by the company's insurance.
- Bookcases - all contents will need to be packed and remove shelf pins and pack them into an envelope.
- Any lose items (paperclips, stables, pens etc.) should be put into an envelope and sealed.
As with any office move, make sure your staff are organised well in advance of the move and don't leave packing till the last minute. To help avoid any delays or disruption to your business, download the Office Removals Checklist for more expert packing tips and a complete list of jobs to be done in the run up to the move.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article