Office Relocation Communication Plan
An important aspect of an office relocation is concise, clear and effective communication with your workforce and clients. This will help to eliminate any disruption, reassure your employees and minimise any uncertainty.
Creating and planning a Office Relocation Communication Plan from the outset of your office move will reinforce the positive changes for your staff. Below are some expert tips for effective communication during your office relocation:
- Have a clear, positive and consistent reason for relocating your offices. Promote the benefits of moving office i.e. better working facilities to your staff. Always have a positive stance and perspective about your office move.
- It is essential to communicate with workforce early on in the moving office process. This way your staff will feel involved and a valued member of your business. This will also give you time crush any rumours that could cause disruption and unease to your employees.
- Create an office moving schedule for your employees, this way they can plan their workload in accordance with the office relocation. Try using the Moving Office Timeline to help you plan and organise your relocation schedule.
- By painting a clear picture of the future of your business will have positive effects on your employees. Photos of your new office premises will inspire your staff to feel excited about the prospect of moving offices.
- When relocating your business is can be a uneasy time for your workforce. For example they may have to travel further to get to work and may have to change personal arrangements. Let your staff know that they have your support during the office move and assist them where possible to instil a positive outlook.
- Once all the hard work is done, it’s time to celebrate. Consider having a new office party for your staff and clients. Relocating an office is a momentous occasion so celebrate it!
The HR Guide to Moving Office will assist you with communicating your office relocation effectively with your employees.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article