Planning an Office Move - tips
Practical advice for people who are planning an office move
What's the best way to plan an office move? The short answer is one step at a time! Planning an office move is never easy so make sure you follow these simple tips to get your office move off to the right start:
- Identify key dates to determine the timeframe of the office move
- Establish your new office space requirements
- Determine a moving office budget that will cover all the costs that you will incur during the office move process
- Put together an office move project team to manage various aspects of the office moveprocess
- Get professional help to advise you with the key stages of your office relocation
- Pay close attention to your IT relocation to ensure you don't suffer from costy downtime and/or business interruption
- Don't forget your staff - read on for the key role that your HR team can play in your office move
Once you have a clear understanding of some of the basics you ten need to get on with the business of planning your office move.
Having an office move project plan is probably the most important part of planning an office move. To help you out we have already put one together for you. It highlights the key stages within the office move process so you can set your timetable and plan accordingly.
So you’re thinking of moving office? Start planning your office move by asking yourself 3 essential questions:
- Have you checked the exit terms of your existing lease?
- Have you left enough time to plan your office move?
- Have you considered your company's future growth plans and strategy so you select the right office space?
These are just some of the questions (issues) that you need to be thinking about if you want to plan your office move properly. To save you having to reinvent the wheel the experts at Help Moving Office have put together an extensive range of office move planning information. You can find it all in the Moving Office Resource Centre.
Office Move Checklist
Kick start your office move by using this simple yet comprehensive Office Move Checklist. It guides you through every aspect of an office move - from all the planning and preparation right through to the office move day and beyond.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article