The Challenges of Choosing Office Space
Choosing Office Space
Viewing potential office properties and then choosing the right office space can be a real challenge. This will be your new business “home” for a number of years, it will have considerable influence on the future success of your business and your staff at large - so it goes without saying that you need to choose carefully!
Getting the right balance between having an office that allows enough room to grow, yet is not too big that your staff feel like they’re rattling around is never easy. To help you get a good picture of what size office is best for your business use the free Office Space Calculator. It breaks down the individual areas within an office (offices, workstations, meeting rooms & support areas) and gives you a total square footage estimate based in an efficient and typical sized office.
The location of your new office space is entirely subjective; some companies may not need to be in a central business hub and can operate very efficiently in an out of town location. But for others the need for a prime business address, close to transport links and within easy reach of other businesses is an absolute necessity.
- Ask yourself the following questions when deciding which office space is best for your business:
- You – the space has to work for you and meet your basic office space criteria and business objectives.
- Your Staff – they will spend over half their working day in the office so it’s important they feel both comfortable and inspired. The new office will also need to play a role in retaining staff and attracting new ones.
- Your Clients – will the new office impress clients and give a positive impression about your business?
- Business Partners – having an office which is located close to those with whom you do business should be a priority, because strategic business partnerships happen more easily when the partners are more local to each other.
One more tip: Make sure you are clear about your office space requirements at the very outset to save viewing properties that are unsuitable for your business.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article