Timeline for an Office Relocation
This Office Relocation Timeline template gives you approximate timings for when various tasks need to be completed by. Every office move timeline will be different according to your circumstances but it can be used as a guide. It assumes that you have already found the right office space and agreed suitable office lease terms.
Six to Nine Months prior to Office Relocation:
- Assemble your Office Design Team to coordinate the different phases of the space planning, office fit out and design.
- Review the cabling infrastructure and telecommunications in the new office. Order any new phone lines and other equipment.
- Identify any furniture and office equipment that can be sold, recycled or donated. Archive any unwanted files.
Four Months prior to the Office Relocation:
- Get 3 Office Removals Quotes and select/brief the Office Removals Company you would like to work with. Ensure office move date is confirmed with them.
- Start to contact all office suppliers, vendors and clients that need to be informed of the office relocation.
- Start compiling a office space plan of where your staff will be seated and communicate it to all employees.
Two months prior to the Office Relocation:
- Arrange with building managers at both locations about security and access requirements on office move day.
- Compile a Office Move Day Schedule of approximate timings with your Office Removals Company.
Three weeks prior to the Office Relocation:
- The Office Relocation Project Manager should review all aspects of the move with employees, management and all office relocation service providers to ensure the office move runs seamlessly.
- Get crates, labels and packaging delivered and begin to pack any files that you won’t need until you move to the new office.
- Confirm the office space layout of the new office floor plans with your Office Design Team and communicate it to the Office Removals Company.
One week prior to the Office Relocation:
- Label and colour-code all office furniture items to be moved.
- Ask staff to pack their personal belongings and desk items into crates and label them accordingly.
- Hold a Staff Briefing about final plans for the office move day.
Use the FREE Office Relocation Timeline to record all your key dates, ensure that nothings gets forgotten and no deadlines are missed.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article