Tips on choosing a Business Telephone System when moving office
Your starting point is to consider your current and future business needs in order to ensure that whatever business phone system you choose can meet them.
Key considerations include: -
- How many employees do you have (current and projected staffing levels) – and do they all require their own phone extension?
- What volume of external phone calls do you make? Is this likely to change over the coming years?
- How many office sites does your company have – and will you be requiring inter-site calls?
- Do you require conference calling facilities?
- Do you need individual voicemail facility for all (or some) employees?
- Does your business need to make a large amount of international phone calls?
- Does your company have a “Help Desk” or “Contact Centre” which will require you to take a large quantity of incoming phone calls?
- Does your business have a Field Sales force who will require a Mobile Phone Solution to enable them to be fully productive whilst on the road?
- How many “Home or Remote workers” do you have and do you require phone calls to be forwarded, routed or diverted to them on a regular basis?
- Do you need your business phone system to be integrated with any of your internal systems (i.e. a CRM system etc)
- What sort of phone management software and business phone system reporting do you require?
One of the most important issues when choosing the right business phone system is to look closely at your company’s business plan and assess whether the business phone system you have (or are considering) will be able to satisfy your needs for the next 3-5 years.
It is essential that when reviewing the range of business phone systems, you consult with an experienced IT & Telecoms Consultant who will be completely up to speed on all of the options available to you (after all they are the experts!). These conversations are free and on a no obligation basis, and many of them will even offer to do a free audit of your current and future phone requirements.
You should also download and use the essential IT & Telecoms Checklist for further advice on choosing a business phone system.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article