What is a virtual office?
The word “virtual” conjures up images of something that is non-tangible and is probably why there is so much confusion over the term “Virtual Office”.
So what is a Virtual Office?
A virtual office is defined as a “business location that exists only in cyberspace” and allows “business owners and employees to work from any location”. As well as this, some virtual offices allow you to hire out meeting rooms and have you own personal receptionist.
Enquiries to office space rental companies about virtual offices increased dramatically after the economic meltdown in 2008 as companies sought to save money and have flexibility with regards to their workspace, whilst being able to claim a prestigious address. Interest has also picked up in the US since last year (Google Trends).
A virtual office is an excellent way to run your business if you are worried about budget but would like to convey a professional image to your clients or customers.
Here are some facts you might not know about virtual offices:
- You can mix the real and the virtual
- With a good virtual office provider you will get the prestigious address and the kudos that comes from that. However, you’ll also get the chance to meet colleagues and clients in a meeting room on the premises should you choose to hire it out. This helps maintain your credibility along with the flexibility of being able to work wherever you like.
- You also have the option to have your own receptionist who will answer your calls as if you were physically based in your virtual office.
- You can try out exciting new business ideas without as much risk
- So many ideas are cast to the wayside because of the crippling costs associated with starting a business. Hiring out a virtual office is a much cheaper way of establishing a presence in the business world and means that you have the freedom to try out new things!
- You have the freedom to work in an environment that suits you
Some people hate the hustle and bustle of an office while others hate the relative isolation of working from home. When you hire a virtual office you can work wherever you like knowing that you have access to a physical address.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article