Which business professionals can help me move office?
If you’re reading this blog then there’s a good chance that you’re considering moving office. If this is the case, then there’s also a good chance that you’re starting to stress out about the thought of moving office already – don’t panic! There are lots of professionals out there whose sole job it is to help you move into your dream office.
So, what are your options? Well, it depends on your needs and your office move budget. For any key office move to be successful there are 4 key business professionals you need to speak to. We’re not saying that your office move will be impossible without this office help, but it’ll certainly be a lot tougher.
Commercial Property Agent
- Your Commercial Property Agent is one of your most important allies in the search for the perfect office space. Your CPA is your link to finding your dream business location and is an important middle-man between businesses and potential landlords.
- CPAs are highly experienced at finding office space options for all kinds of businesses and know the market better than anyone else. This means they’re experts at arranging last minute tours and scoping out potential options for headquarters.
- The trick is to spend time with your CPA. Let them know exactly what you want – this will make their job much easier and should help to avoid disappointment.
- The main role of your Property Solicitor is to make sure you have as much legal protection as possible when you move into your new office. Your PS will be highly trained and will have years of experience in negotiating key office leases.
- Your PS will conduct a number of key tasks, such as local authority searches, which will ultimately help you with your office relocation. Your PS is there to represent you and your needs, so, again, the key is to be clear about what you want and what you don’t want from your new office.
- At the end of the lease negotiations, your PS will go through all the key details with you to make sure you know your rights and restrictions following your office move.
- Office Removal companies are there to be your lifeline on office move day. Professional, organised and highly efficient; ORCs are experts at making sure all your office essentials get relocated to your new business space in one piece.
- Your ORC will be highly trained in escorting valuable office items, such as furniture and IT systems, from one office into another in a quick, effective manner.
- It’s wise to choose an ORC which is accredited by the British Association of Removals because this means they will definitely have the key skills needed for your office move.
Office Design & Fit-Out Company
- Your Office Design & Fit-Out Company is a key attribute to help you feel at home in your new office following your move. Your OD&FOC will help you with everything from space planning to interior office design and everything in between.
- Your office design company is there for your office needs. Their job is to create the dream office space you’ve always wanted so, again, it’s best to clear about your likes and dislikes. There’s no point in saying you want a corporate look if you’re more of a relaxed company.
- You should be prepared to work intensively with your office design company to make sure you create the best office space for your business needs.
Use our Resource Centre for more information about the office moving process.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
The London Office Market is moving to the benefit of Tenants moving officeRead Article
Find out some of the key considerations for a successful office move.Read Article
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article