Create An Office Relocation Timeline
Your Office Relocation Timeline
When planning and organising your office move it is essential to create an Office Relocation Timeline at least six months prior to your office move.
Using an Office Relocation Timeline will give you approximate dates and timings for important tasks for the duration of your move. Every business is different which means every office move is different; your timeline should be modified according to the circumstances of your office relocation. Try using the Moving Office Timeline Template for your office relocation. It can be tailored around your business move and circumstances.
Below is a basic timeline to assist you with a seamless office relocation:
9-6 Months Before Your Relocation
- Talk to your local Office Design and Fit Out experts to coordinate your office fit out and space planning.
- Investigate your cabling and Telecoms infrastructure in your new office space. Speak to an IT and Telecoms specialist about ordering new phone lines and IT equipment.
- Review your current office furniture and equipment, to see what can be reused sold or recycled.
4 Months Before Your Relocation
- Speak to your local Office Removal Companies and get three quotes. Decide on the company that best suit the requirements of your office relocation and brief them with the work you would like done. Decide on a moving day date and confirm it with your Office Removals Company.
- Inform all of your vendors, clients and office service suppliers of your office relocation.
- Compile an office space plan for your new premises. Consider where you will seat your employees.
2 Months Before Your Office Relocation
- Organise the security and access requirements for the day of your office move.
- Put together an Office Move Day Schedule of all the approximate timings for your Office Removals Company.
3 Weeks Before Your Office Relocation
- Your Office Relocation Project Manager should review and brief all aspects of the relocation with management, employees and all the service providers involved in the office move.
- Make sure you have all the appropriate packing materials, such as crates, labels etc. Begin packing equipment and files that are no needed until after the move.
- Review and confirm your office space layout plans with your Office Design and Fit Out experts and then communicate these plans to your Office Removals Company.
1 Week Before Your Office Relocation
- Organise and colour-code all of your office equipment and furniture that needs to be moved.
- Ask your staff to pack up all of their personal belongings into crates and boxes.
- Brief your employees about the final plans of your office moving day.
Download the Office Relocation Timeline to help your office move run like clockwork.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
The London Office Market is moving to the benefit of Tenants moving officeRead Article
Find out some of the key considerations for a successful office move.Read Article
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article