Move Your Office into a Sustainable Future
Going ‘Green’ is more than just helping the environment. It can not only save your business money but also create an inspiring workplace in which your staff can thrive.
Here are some eco-friendly ideas to consider when planning your office relocation.
- Make your office more energy efficient by using natural resources such as daylight and air (to heat and light your office); turn off lights and computers when they are not being used; try using low energy light bulbs; and shop around for an eco-friendly energy rate from your business energy provider.
- Rather than buying everything brand new, consider recycling or refurbishing some of your used office furniture. Many office fit out companies offer a restoration service. Another great idea is to donate any of you unwanted office items to charity.
- Encourage your office to go paperless. This is a great way to save on stationary costs (and the trees!). Electronic documentation is the way forward!
- Devising a Waste Management Plan will give your company direction in utilising the best-practice methods of recycling your unwanted/used day-to-day office equipment. Consider introducing recycling bins for any used glass, paper and plastics.
- Find out how to go about obtaining a BREEAM (Buildings Research Establishment Environmental Assessment) certification with your office fit out company. This prized accreditation is all about working within a sustainable office environment - and there are lots of examples how this, in turn, makes a huge impact on business performance and employee satisfaction.
- Try using locally produced and recycled materials in your office. You will cut down carbon emissions and save on costs.
- Get your staff to participate on what you are wanting to achieve. Encourage them to cycle, walk or carpool to work.
- Investigate The Enhanced Capital Allowances Scheme to see if you are entitled to a tax benefit for your eco-friendly office. How fantastic is it to be an eco-warrior and get monetary incentives for being so!
- Review the energy ratings of your new office. Pay particular attention to the air-conditioning and heating units. Establish whether they are energy efficient or will need to be replaced.
- Last but not least, plan your office space so you can easily move desks and partitions. Future proof your office by having "flexibility" at the heart of your office design and lay-out strategy because the last thing you will want is to keep spending a lot of money every time you need to make a few changes to the office layout.
For further information on Office Design download the Free Tenants Guide To Office Design from the experts at HelpMovingOffice.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
Unsure whether to move to a Serviced Office or a Traditional Office? Find out the pros and cons of both to help your business make the right decision and end up in the right type of office.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article
Plan your entire office move with this easy-to-follow step by step guide.Read Article