Office Design & Layout of Your New Office
Office Design with Success in Mind
The layout and design of your new office can be a complex topic, so make your decisions wisely and think about the most efficient and functional office space for your business. Designing a creative, safe, comfortable and productive new office will ensure a great working environment for your staff. Make sure you consider the following office design tips before you begin:
- Putting together a detailed Office Design Project Plan which details all the requirements of your working space will really help you come up with the right end product. Discuss what you are wanting to achieve with an Office Fit Out Company who can then analyse and asses the most efficient use of your office space.
- Put together an office relocation budget for the fit out of your office and stick to it! Do not be tempted to compromise on your budget or let it fall by the wayside.
- Consider using flexible cubicle partitions; they cost less and can be repositioned in accordance to your office layout requirements. Open office layouts are also worth reviewing as they can increase the productivity of your workforce by the clever use of natural daylight and the circulation of natural air.
- Give yourself enough time to plan and execute your complete office design. As soon as you sign your lease it’s time to start planning. An average fit out can take 6-8 weeks and longer dependant on the size of your business.
- Contact your landlord before you commence any of the changes to your new office. Put together a plan demonstrating all the alterations you wish to make and get your landlord’s permission.
- Ask your staff for input on the design and most effective layout for their office. Request their feedback on what things they think work with the current layout and how other things can be improved. They may come up with ideas you and your fit out company have not yet considered
- Do not forget to pay attention to the social areas, such as the break and reception areas. Make these areas as creative as you wish. Social areas encourage your workforce to communicate with one another and give a great impression to your clients.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article