Office Relocation Project Management
Project Managing an Office Relocation
One of the key things that needs to be decided at the outset of any Office Relocation Project is who is going to manage the office moving process.
An important rule during any office relocation is to elect someone to take charge of the organisation and management of the office move. As a business owner/director it is all too easy to think that you should be the one to take on the responsibility of managing the entire office relocation - but this decision can often be to the detriment of your business.
Appointing a designated Office Relocation Project Manager from your current workforce to oversee your office relocation will mean (a) that your office move should get managed properly and (b) you will get freed up to continue to run your business without the risk of constant distraction and business interruption.
Typically the individual who is best suited to this role will hold a Finance, Administrative or HR function within your Company.
Consider putting your Office Relocation Project Manager in charge of the following crucial areas:
- Guiding your business through the office relocation process
- Orchestrating and planning the office move
- Managing the moving office budget
- Recruiting the help of expertise from external office relocation professionals
- Control the progression and development of the office move.
- Maintain and comply with the agreed objectives of the office relocation from beginning to end
- Coordinate the office moving dayIn essence, your Office Relocation Project Manager will become accountable for the office move and will manage the entire process. Your Office Relocation Project Manager will need to have exceptional communication skills to effectively manage and liaise with all the internal departments.
They will also need to organise any outsourced office moving services you require for the duration of the office move. A considerable knowledge of working to a budget is a must for the task at hand as there is little/no room for movement when it comes to the finances involved with relocating an office. Organisation will be key during your office relocation so make sure that your elected Office Relocation Project Manager is capable of coordinating teams, arranging accurate communication between outsourced services & internal operations - and is able stay within the strict confines of your office relocation timetable.
Refer to the Office Relocation Project Plan to give your Office Relocation Project Manager tips on how to conduct a seamless office move.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article