Top Tips For a Seamless Office Relocation
Planning A Smooth Office Relocation
Relocating your company is a more than stressful time. If you are not fully prepared and organised for your office relocation it can feel like your spinning plates and your business may suffer as a result.
The main ingredients for any office move are planning and preparation. Before you begin searching for office space or new colour schemes it is essential that you do the appropriate office relocation planning. Below are the 8 essential relocation tips for a seamless and smooth office move:
- Put together an Office Relocation Plan to have a clear set of objectives and tasks for your relocation. Highlight your motive behind the company move and pin point the requirements of your new office space. This will help you determine what office space is right for your business.
- Work out an office move budget and make sure you manage it as your relocation progresses. This will essentially stop you for over spending, help you to make the right decisions for your business and stop you from going overboard.
- Find out when you need to move out of your current office (date of lease expiry) and use the Moving Office Timetable to identify what deadlines you're working towards to get your office moved on time.
- Review your current office furniture/equipment and determine what you will be taking with you. Discuss this with an Office Fit Out Company to make sure you know what you will need to purchase before moving into your new office space.
- Migrating your computers and office phones over to the new office without any disruption is surely the most complex (and stressful!) aspect of your office relocation. From making sure the new office is set up with adequate cabling and IT infrastructure through to testing your technology equipment on arrival. There's so much to consider, so make sure you use this IT Relocation Checklist.
- Decide the best way to announce the office move to your staff, and also keep them informed throughout the process.
- Once you have decided when your office relocation is going to take place, it’s time to book an Office Removals Company. Make sure your removals company understand the ins and outs of your moving day requirements.
- Have you thought about reviewing your office suppliers and utilities when you move? Rather than just transfer the services across, shop around for comparitive quotes as this may well save you more money than you realise.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 20 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Centre has everything you need to plan, organise & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified companies that are experts in your local market.The Directory
How do I even begin to plan an office move? Good question ... read on to find out how best to tackle the planning of your office move.Read Article
The challenges and logistics of an office move can sometimes feel overwhelming. This guide helps you understand the timeframes and costs you are likely to incur so you know more about what to expect when you move office.Read Article